This is hardly a recipe, but it is very good and so I wanted to share it with you anyway. In Italy this is called a “salad” of strawberries and parmigiano. To make this work, you will need high quality ingredients:
- Ripe, soft, sweet, fragrant strawberries
- Good quality balsamic vinegar, preferably aceto balsamico tradizionale
- Real parmigiano reggiano cheese, preferably aged for 36 months or longer
All you need to do is:
- Wash, dry, and then hull the strawberries. If they are large, cut them in halves or quarters.
- Cut the cheese into small slices or thick slivers.
- Arrange strawberries and cheese on individual serving plates.
- Drizzle with the balsamic.
To take this to the next level, pair it with a dessert wine. An excellent choice is a Brachetto d’Aqui, which is a sparkling low alcohol sweet red wine that is similar to Moscato d’Asti.
These spinach kofta in tomato gravy are a great vegetarian Indian dish.